Things to do before updating to iOS 17: iOS 17 is the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system for the iPhone. It was announced at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on June 5, 2023, and is scheduled to be released to the public on September 18, 2023. and some features of the iOS 17 update may not be available immediately after the update is released. These features may be released in a later version of iOS 17, such as iOS 17.1 or 17.2.
If you are planning to purchase an iPhone 15, you can be sure that it will come with iOS 17 pre-installed. You will also be able to update to iOS 17 on your existing iPhone, but you will need to make sure that your device is compatible.
Before upgrading to iOS 17, it is important to do the following:
iOS 17 update checklist
- Back up your iPhone. This is the most important thing you can do, as it will ensure that you have a copy of all your data in case something goes wrong during the update. You can back up your iPhone to iCloud or to your computer.
- Check your iPhone’s storage. iOS 17 may require more storage space than your current version of iOS. If you don’t have enough storage space, you may need to delete some apps or files before you can update.
- Make sure your iPhone is compatible with iOS 17. You can check the compatibility list on Apple’s website.
- Update your apps. Some apps may not work properly with iOS 17 until they have been updated. You can check for app updates in the App Store.
- Find a good time to update. The update process can take up to an hour, so it’s important to find a time when you won’t need to use your iPhone for a while. It’s also a good idea to update while your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
iOS 17 is now available on these devices: –
iPhone 14 – iPhone 14 Plus – iPhone 14 Pro – iPhone 14 Pro Max – iPhone 13 – iPhone 13 mini – iPhone 13 Pro – iPhone 13 Pro Max – iPhone 12 – iPhone 12 mini – iPhone 12 Pro – iPhone 12 Pro Max – iPhone 11 – iPhone 11 Pro – iPhone 11 Pro Max – iPhone XS – iPhone XS Max – iPhone XR – iPhone SE (2nd gen or later)
Here are some additional tips for upgrading to iOS 17:
- Connect your iPhone to power. This will help to ensure that your iPhone doesn’t run out of battery during the update process.
- Update in a cool, well-ventilated area. Avoid updating in direct sunlight or in a hot environment.
- Don’t interrupt the update process. Once you’ve started the update process, don’t restart your iPhone or use it until the update is complete.
Here are some of the new features of iOS 17:
iOS 17 is a significant update to the iPhone operating system, and it includes a number of new features and improvements that users are sure to appreciate.
- New lock screen customization options, including the ability to add widgets and change the font and color of the clock.
- New Focus features, including the ability to filter notifications by Focus and create Focus profiles for specific activities.
- Live Text improvements, including the ability to translate text into images and videos.
- New Siri features, including the ability to translate languages and run Shortcuts without having to unlock your iPhone.
- New Message features, including the ability to react to messages with any emoji and undo sending a message.
- New Mail features, including the ability to schedule emails and unsend emails.
- New Maps features, including the ability to plan multi-stop trips and view live transit information.
- New HomeKit features, including the ability to control Matter-compatible devices.
In addition to these new features, iOS 17 also includes a number of performance and bug fixes.
After you’ve updated to iOS 17, it’s a good idea to check your apps and settings to make sure that everything is working properly. You may also want to take some time to explore the new features of iOS 17.