Jio AirFiber Launch: Reliance Jio, the Indian telecommunications giant, has announced the launch of its new wireless internet service, Jio AirFiber. Reliance Jio is scheduled to introduce a new wireless internet service called Jio AirFiber on September 19, 2023. This service is designed for use in homes and offices, offering portable wireless internet with speeds of up to 1.5 Gbps. This high-speed connection will enable users to smoothly stream high-definition videos, participate in online gaming, and conduct video conferences without experiencing any delays.
Mukesh Ambani, who serves as the chairperson and managing director of Reliance Industries, made the announcement during the 2023 AGM, stating that Jio AirFiber would officially launch on Ganesh Chaturthi.
Jio AirFiber promises to deliver high-speed internet connectivity wirelessly using 5G connectivity. The service is said to offer speeds comparable to those of traditional fiber-optic connections, and users will also be able to access speeds of up to 1Gbps.
Jio AirFiber Launch Date, Speed, and Price in India
Jio AirFiber will be available in two plans:
- The Basic plan will offer speeds of up to 100Mbps and will cost Rs. 3,999 per month.
- The Premium plan will offer speeds of up to 1Gbps and will cost Rs. 8,999 per month.
Both plans will come with a free JioFiber router and installation.
Jio AirFiber is expected to be a major disruption in the Indian wireless internet market. The service offers significantly faster speeds than traditional wireless broadband services, and it is also more affordable than fiber-optic connections. This makes it a viable option for homes and businesses that are looking for a high-speed internet connection.
How Does Jio AirFiber Work?
Jio AirFiber uses a technology called millimeter wave (mmWave) to transmit data wirelessly. mmWave is a high-frequency band that can carry more data than traditional wireless frequencies. This allows Jio AirFiber to offer speeds that are comparable to fiber-optic connections.
The Jio AirFiber system consists of two devices: a Jio AirFiber router and a Jio AirFiber antenna. The router is connected to the internet via a fiber-optic cable, and it then transmits data wirelessly to the antenna. The antenna then beams the data to the user’s device.
Benefits of Jio AirFiber
There are several benefits to using Jio AirFiber:
- Fast speeds: Jio AirFiber offers speeds of up to 1Gbps, which is much faster than traditional wireless broadband services.
- Affordable: Jio AirFiber is more affordable than fiber-optic connections.
- Convenient: Jio AirFiber is a wireless service, so you don’t have to worry about running cables through your home.
- Reliable: Jio AirFiber uses a dedicated network, so you can expect reliable performance.
Drawbacks of Jio AirFiber
There are a few drawbacks to using Jio AirFiber:
- Coverage: Jio AirFiber is not yet available in all areas.
- Range: The range of Jio AirFiber is limited, so you may need to place the antenna in a central location.
- Interference: Jio AirFiber can be susceptible to interference from other devices that use the same frequency band.
Overall, Jio AirFiber is a promising new wireless internet service that offers significantly faster speeds than traditional wireless broadband services. The service is also more affordable than fiber-optic connections, making it a viable option for homes and businesses that are looking for a high-speed internet connection.
Jio AirFiber is a major step forward for wireless internet in India. The service offers significantly faster speeds than traditional wireless broadband services, and it is also more affordable than fiber-optic connections. This makes it a viable option for homes and businesses that are looking for a high-speed internet connection.
Jio AirFiber is still in its early stages, but it has the potential to revolutionize the Indian wireless internet market. The service is expected to be a major competitor to traditional wireless broadband services and fiber-optic connections.