G20 New Delhi Declaration PDF: The G20 New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration was adopted on September 9-10, 2023, by the leaders of the Group of Twenty (G20) major economies, at their summit in New Delhi, India. The declaration was themed “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” (One Earth, One Family, One Future), and it focused on the following key areas:
- Economic growth and recovery: The leaders committed to accelerating strong, sustainable, balanced, and inclusive growth, and to addressing the challenges of climate change and rising inequality. They also reaffirmed their commitment to a rules-based, non-discriminatory, fair, open, inclusive, equitable, sustainable, and transparent multilateral trading system.
- Climate change and energy transition: The leaders acknowledged the urgency of climate action and committed to taking ambitious steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. They also agreed to work together to accelerate the transition to clean energy and to ensure a just and equitable transition for all.
- Food security and nutrition: The leaders recognized the threat of food insecurity and malnutrition, and committed to taking steps to improve food production and access to nutritious food. They also agreed to work together to address the root causes of food insecurity, such as conflict, climate change, and economic inequality.
- Health and well-being: The leaders committed to improving global health and well-being, and to addressing the challenges of non-communicable diseases, antimicrobial resistance, and mental health. They also agreed to work together to strengthen the global health system.
- Digital transformation: The leaders recognized the potential of digital transformation to improve lives and economies, and committed to working together to harness its benefits. They also agreed to address the challenges of digital inequality and to ensure that everyone can benefit from digital technologies.
- Peace and security: The leaders reaffirmed their commitment to international peace and security, and to working together to address the challenges of conflict, terrorism, and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. They also agreed to strengthen the multilateral system and to uphold the principles of the UN Charter.
The G20 New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration is a significant document that sets out the priorities of the G20 for the coming year. It is a comprehensive and ambitious agenda that addresses some of the most pressing challenges facing the world today. The success of the G20 in achieving its goals will depend on the commitment and cooperation of all its members.
In addition to the key areas mentioned above, the declaration also includes commitments on a number of other issues, such as:
- Investing in infrastructure
- Promoting sustainable development
- Tackling corruption
- Promoting gender equality
- Protecting the environment
- Promoting human rights
The G20 New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration is a valuable contribution to global governance. It is a blueprint for a more sustainable, equitable, and prosperous future for all.
G20 New Delhi Declaration Download: Link